Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Filipino lead vocalist for a legendary American rock band

I am no fanatic fan of the Journey, an American rock band formed in 1973 whose hit songs include "Faithfully", "Don't Stop Believin", "Open Arms", and "Lights" among others. But after stumbling upon the name of Arnel Pineda as I heard of it a lot of times from the news and from gossips of my friends. So there I was searching the web to get to know this guy who seemed to be interesting. Indeed, I was really impressed by Allan Pineda's powerful voice and the way he soulfully rendered the songs of the Journey. Watching him sing on You Tube was really electrifying I must say. I never thought I would fell in love with the songs of the Journey as I am really into more soft music. So, there I was downloading the songs of the Journey and uploading the videos of their concerts with Arnel Pineda as the band's lead vocalist. Well, I am thankful that I am back into blogging and I'm also glad that as my first blog entry, I get to learn a Filipino singer/musician who has made so much proud to his country. And I fell in love with him..sorry. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment