Wednesday, July 15, 2009


I am truly excited to work finally on ODESK. I thought joining the world of freelancers is just so impossible for me. Yet, after knowing some people who are now reaping the good fortunes of being a freelancer in their respective fields through ODESK, I was really enticed to join them and become one of the lucky Filipino providers.

At first, it was really a painstaking journey. I've tried to apply to so many job openings, gave impressive cover letters, yet I wasn't lucky enough to be picked. But after three months of waiting, finally, the luck is mine. Hehehehe...

Lots of invitation for interviews are pouring in. I am quite astound and excited to know there are a lot of opportunities waiting for me which can even lead to a huge change in my life. I can work at the same time look after my kids while at home. This is something that I really want.

Finally, it's here...and I'm going to grab it! and make the best out of the opportunity. =)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, MJ, congratulations and good luck with your new undertaking. I wish you all the best. I will always be praying for your success.

    Jena Isle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Joycelle! I don't know much about ODesk, but I hope it's all YOU hope for. Beware, though, of "clients" who simply want a free bit of writing (in the form of a "sample") or a free editing job (an "editing test"). Though it may be reasonable to ask for such a thing, it's also becoming an all-too-common scam. Something from your own portfolio should do; if an editing test is required, it should be a TEST, not a chapter.

    Thank you, again, for the nomination - and thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Thank you for the comment you've left in my blog. It was so nice of you to take time to read it.

    I think I might have already seen your oDesk profile before (bear with me, i have poor memory).

    Well anyway, you sure can write well. I hope your success in oDesk continues.

    See you around, Joycelle!

    ReplyDelete